Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if this is possible if you already have the Sony Navigation fitted - is it a case of buying the Ford camera and cabling and connecting it to the rear of the Sat Nav screen? I know you can buy some aftermarket ones from below:

https://www.carcommunications.co.uk...d-fiesta-reversing-rear-view-camera-kit-sync3

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Big..._expid=cb8a868e-5243-4200-9b9f-260889d67636-6

It would be a nice option to have as ours didn't come with it as standard. Does anyone have one fitted - is the camera fitted just above the rear registration plate?

Thanks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi,It would be a nice option to have as ours didn't come with it as standard. Does anyone have one fitted - is the camera fitted just above the rear registration plate?Thanks.
It does specify in the sales brochure that if you have the spare wheel and cover at the back, you cannot have the rear view camera. (see attached sales picture).

So that seems to imply that the factory fitted camera is in that wheel circle somewhere.

As for fitting an aftermarket kit. Camera down at the numberplate would be an option, though would get more dirt and grime down there, I expect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen what looks like an original Rear Camera and it screws to the underside of the tailgate lip just above the registration plate which seems possible as the spare wheels fits right over that meaning you can't have both fitted. I wonder what else is needed besides the camera and cabling to plug into the back of the original Sat Nav screen. It would be a great little project. Ford parts have so far quoted me under £100 or so for the original camera and cabling but not sure what else is required.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not sure how much of the wiring will be in the existing wiring loom, if any.
You would need to get the video signal wiring up to the dash, and also a tie in with the reversing light, to tell the monitor to switch on.

If unsure, the best way would just be to buy an aftermarket kit off ebay, fix to number plate and run wiring up to a monitor (supplied with the kit), and assume you would have to tie in with the reversing light. They usually supply a wiring diagram. also best to buy a night time camera for 24hr use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts