Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it was a cold weather problem, but think this is down to me, though Ford sorted it out without telling me off, but a word of warning is in this thread. Always put in low temperature screen wash, either -5C, 0r -10C, or -15C.

The fault was simple, after a cold snap, my rear water schoosher packed in and refused to spray. I took it back to my dealer and they had it for half a day and found out the water line had froze and then unfroze, due to no low temperature screen wash added. it was just plain water (my fault, due to not thinking).

Now here is the kicker. In the old days, a cars water tube just froze, and did not work, then unfroze and it worked again.

Modern cars are different, instead of a continious water tube from reservoir to nozzle, they now have a number of plastic connectors in the line, and when water becomes ice it expands, and the connector then falls apart as its a push fit, so the water just rushes out of the tube and can dissapear down the back unseen due to the trim and either puddle somewhere or drain out to the road. The latter must have been my case.

Anyway Ford found the break in the tube, pushed the connector back on, and put in screen wash, DOH!

Last words from them, "i would recommend buying our screen wash Sir", he he.

·
Registered
36 Posts
happened to me last year , went to knowsley safari park and made the mistake of driving through the monkey pen ! buggers chewed the washer jet of the back of a mondeo i was driving and scarpered with it and the tube it was attached to , managed to pick one up at a breakers yard for a few quid.

·
Registered
179 Posts
happened to me last year , went to knowsley safari park and made the mistake of driving through the monkey pen ! buggers chewed the washer jet of the back of a mondeo i was driving and scarpered with it and the tube it was attached to , managed to pick one up at a breakers yard for a few quid.
I drove through so fast they didn't get chance to jump on my car!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts