Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed the rear wiper arm looks like something from a 1990 Fiesta - my bmax has a decent looking wiper arm cover as standard. Does anyone know if theres something out there I can swap this out for that would fit and look decent?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, looks like after doing a quick bit of research that swapping it for a blade instead of that crappy looking metal thing will do the trick! Aero ones!?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Good luck on hunting for a new wiper replacement.

If you can find a good looking one that fits, then please give us the details, on here. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going to buy a new Ford B-Max rear wiper arm and blade assembly as the B-Max is loosely based on the Fiesta chassis and also is a straight arm compared to the new Fiesta which has a slight curve. I did the same thing on my 2008 S-Max - I swapped the old 90's look arm for a newer 2013 model 'Aero' type one instead. The wiper arm should fit as it is just held on the spindle by a nut.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update:
Ford B-Max Rear Wiper Arm is too big so back it will go and I have already ordered a Ka+ one which looks much smaller in the pictures I've seen and provided is less than 14.5" should be fine. At least it looks nice! it should be in at the weekend to pick up so will send an update later.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Update:
Ford B-Max is too long and the Ka+ uses a different fitting. I've had a look and think the only Ford ones that may fit are from the new shape Kuga and the new shape Fiesta as the rear screens are much smaller (maybe similar size to the Ecosport) so hopefully one of these may fit. Does anyone have a new shape Fiesta or Kuga to try or measure to see if they are no longer than 14.5" in length?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I've tried a rear wiper arm from a Kuga and it does fit but it's mighty close to the break light. I may try to mod the blade a bit and see if I can add a bit more clearance.

It does look loads better though, I may try a shorter arm from a Vauxhall Mokka or something.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You made a great job of that, and gave yourself maximum arc without hitting anything. Well done.

Most complex wiper mod of all........
PS.......Have a look at this rear wiper mod I did to my lovely 'new at the time' 1992 Honda Civic Coupe made in Ohio, USA and shipped to the UK market. It was a great car but suffered from no back wiper, and it was the days before many booted cars had a wiper fitted, either just below the rear window or through the rear window with a hole.

What i did was got a secondhand wiper, wiper arm and motor, and DRILLED a hole through the boot lid (after a lot of wiper arc and arm calculations), and fitted the motor to the underside of the boot lid, and the wiper and arm, adjusted for the rake of the back window, and lay on it perfectly, and when I opened the boot lid, the wiper and arm slid up the back window. Worked perfectly when the boot lid was shut.

Then things went wrong, (opps!) as I decided to fit a secondhand water nozzle, water bottle and pump in the boot, and the wiper nozzle which I wanted to hide was just under the spoiler on the passenger side pointing to the rear windscreen (as picture below). What happened was if the car was stationary the water fired at the rear windscreen perfectly, but did not take into account the wind velocity with car on the move, which over 10 MPH threw the water backwards and ended up on the road behind :D

Anyway, that was some modification which i would not have the guts to do on any new cars nowadays, but i bet it was the only Honda Civic Coupe of that type in the UK with a back windscreen wiper.

Pitcure below was 'pre' this mod, as unfortunately could not find a picture with the wiper in my photo album, but had this mod for over nine years, and worked great till I sold the car at year ten.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi both,

Great job on the wiper. I wish Ford would bring out a modern wiper arm suitable for the Ecosport. Can you tell me whether your Kuga arm is the latest 2017 model as this one appears to be slightly smaller as the rear screen looks smaller - the same as the new shape Fiesta.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I think the wiper was from a 2015 Kuga, I believe the Ka+ has the same or very similar arm but a shorter blade. It wasn't too difficult to make some more notches for the blade fixing to make the Kuga blade shorter though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
An update to this old thread. I have recently bought an new shape (2018MY onwards) Ecosport Rear Wiper Arm + Blade and fits perfectly and looks the part too! Only cost me £24 with Ford discount too!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts