Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had Ford recall on ES? Taken mine in today for work to be completed. Apparently possible overtight bolts??? My car was registered December '14.

Also had rear door re aligned as didn't shut easily.

Love my car. Rear wheel on door was a real selling point with me, but see advert is now showing the car minus the rear door wheel....,.boring! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
recall

Hi Ecogirl
Yes I have had a recall too and is in the workshop now,we got ours in june of last year,having ordered it the previous October...have had a couple of issues...
from the word go it would rev on its own mainly in reverse and very high revs too,and we have also had a faulty sensor valve which we have fought tooth and nail with the dealership we brought it from but they just didn't want to know,took it further and went to another dealer and halleluiah revving solved via an update and valve done under warranty....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine was in last Friday. The recall was for trailing link bolts which apparently were over tightened during assembly. The 'half hour job' I waited for took longer than the dealer thought as the fuel tank had to be moved to get at the bolts. However all done now :) Hopefully no more recalls.

Robert

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have been 'living' with the revving issue and told to wait until first service due (Dec) Was told testerday that I would have to pay for an update (in excess of a hundred pounds) Can feel a call to Ford coming on.........Is the update to solve the revving issue something I can wait for? How long does it take?
I left the car for recall work from 10 until 3. Don't know how long it actually took.
Do know that I had to leave the car all day to get a new AC cover fitted in the front console!! The hinge had broken when I bought the car and the console had to be removed to replace the hinge!!! Think that was why they had 'forgotten' to do it when I picked it up!!
Still, the ES always brings a smile to my face. My chunky boy. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do we know what has caused the revving problem?? I had an issue with revving on a fiat pinto once and it was a faulty idle speed control valve, nearly frightened me to death! (Ps less than 2 weeks to wait until my ES arrives ......)!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi Cowgirl
With regards to the revving the update has sorted it,so not entirely sure of the cause,however I have always been told its a design feature.....I will try and explain and then maybe you can all try it lol
our car is a manual (don't know if revving occurs with autos) I pull up outside my house to reverse on the drive,right foot is on the brake,left on clutch,put it in reverse,lift clutch slowly,lift right foot off brake but leave it there DO NOT touch the accelerator pedal. the "design feature" gives the car the momentum to move without stalling,this is when our car would rev very highly,i can still do this but yay without the revving...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought mine 2nd hand and not from a main dealer - will they have my details to get in touch if I need this work doing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts