Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the headline and agreed straight away, it just seems a way of the government saving a few quid but putting peoples lives at risk. I know I don't feel safe travelling on roads without them.

Eight out of 10 drivers think that removal of hard-shoulders on SMART motorways has made motorways more dangerous than four years ago, according to an AA-Populus poll of 20,845 drivers.
Link for full story: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/i...hard-shoulders-increases-danger-say-motorists

·
Registered
853 Posts
Think you will have to park up on the grass verge assuming there is one. In fact I have seen cars go half way up the verge even on the hard shoulder to feel safer, as its amazing how unsafe it is on the hard shoulder.

Also by law nowadays you have to get everyone out the car and up the verge. But I do agree without a hard shoulder is madness, as its just trying to save cost over safety.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yep I agree too. The A1 near us has recently went like this, they've also done away with the central reservation and now just have a block of concrete there, that doesn't feel safe either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts