Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Have had a reverse sensor pushed into the rear bumper, this happened a while ago and even with previous replies I cannot fathom out how to get to the back to replace with a new sensor.

Just hoping someone has managed to do this and could help me out.

Thankyou in advance.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Probably easier to jack the rear of the car on the side nearest to your problem. Remove or move out of the way the wheel arch liner, usually plastic clips, which need a gentle hand. Once you have either removed or moved aside the liner you should have access to the rear of the bumper. Parking sensors in my experience, having fitted them to several cars are merely a push fit. If yours have been pushed right through, you will need to disconnect it. Then gently replace the sensor into the bumper to its correct position, reconnect and replace the wheel arch liner. Of course remove the jack. Yes I have seen it done when the jack is left inposition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the sensor housing is damaged you will need a new one. You may have to replace it anyway if the internals have been 'upset' You will need a Ford one if it was original fitment as sometimes electrics are 'touchy' If it was aftermarket you could probably get one on Ebay.

Take your time and good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts