Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi allOk could all of you who now have an ecosport tell meif yours revs on its own either in reverse or going forward??
I took ours back to the dealer today and a technician got in the passenger seat whilst I reversed out of a space,and on queue it revved quite highly much to the dismay of the bloke,he said he would look in to it and we'd go from there,well less than half an hour later I popped back as realisedmy phone was in the car so I popped in to ask if I could get it only to be told that they had just left me a voice mail to say I could pick my car up.....the outcome of the revving......its NORMAL!!!....so am asking if any of you guys have experienced this??? I wouldbe interested tohear your thoughtsas have been told its a design feature of the car..
Edited by: eco3

Registered
Hi I got my Eco sport last week and I also have noted that it revs both in forward and reverse. I was beginning to feel it was my driving style and convinced myself that it was because I was sitting in a slightly different angle. Which today I totally rejected when it revved very badly in reverse when I didn't even have my foot on the gas pedal. I was a little alarmed to say the least. I will be taking it back to the dealer to have it checked. So far I'm happy overall with the car but it's only been a week so watch this space馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey JesterI'm eager to know what your dealership tell you regarding the revving,as in my post I have been told its normal......I must say I am getting the hang of it now, its all in the clutch control,no need to use the accelerator pedal when reversing as the revs will move the car for you,obviously releasethe clutchslowly or it will stall lol,when dipping theclutch this will determine the amount of revs but I do feel its something thatneeds adjusting as it does rev quite high when you get it wrong and I don't think this should happen....

Registered
Thanks eco3 I'll keep you posted. So far though I love my eco sport, 馃殬 it's ticking all the boxes馃憤. I've spoken with the dealership and I have been asked to take it in on Monday the 7th of July and they will check it for me 馃槂. Oh forgot to mention there is a minor issue, the car does not like iPhones 馃摫馃憥for the texting facility. But apart from that I'm pleased so far 馃憤

Registered
Hi, what engine do you have? We have the 1.0 Ecoboost but haven't noticed any issues with revving...

Registered
As promised I can report that I have taken my car back to the ford dealers regarding the reving issue today. I've just picked it up and was told by the dealer that the head of the dealership also had an Ecosport and she had reported minor reving issues too. The dealer chap told me the car was due for a software update which they have done and he has advised me that the technictions feel the reving could be due to it being new and still needing to be run in. All in all we were treated very well, hats off to Ford they didn't fob me off, indeed the dealer said ford will be putting out a global report to see if anyone else has reported similar issues. I would just like to add I took it for a quick spin and the car feels a lot better, but I'm back at work tomorrow so I will get a better idea of the feel. I'll keep you posted.

Registered
I also had that issue. After a cancellation of errors on the engine it is 100%, and has better fuelefficiencyand power.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi allwell after a conversation with ford uk our car is booked in yet again for a check up regarding the revving,the last time it went in we were told it was a design feature pah!! i believe nothing was donepreviously apart from make a call to ask someone about it,this timei have been promised they willdo a properdiagnostic which going by other posts will sort the problem out

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi All
Well I don't think I'm impressed atall!!! yes the car went in,diagnostics done and absolutely nothing has come up,ok I know this should be a good thing but......is this revving normal??
They have told me yet againthat it's a design feature but I'm not convinced going by the few that have commented on there ecosport having the same issue, but there's being solved....
I have been told not to use the accelerator at all in reverse just the clutch pedal,this is not always an option to do therefore we get the revving....
will be speaking with Ford UKto give them my feedback re our visit
Those who now have there Eco could you please tell me if yours is doing it too?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Mitch
Ours is petrol, I must say I may have to eat my words, since taking it in we have both consciously not used
the accelerator in reverse and altho it does seem to want to stall the revs do go to 1-1&half, which gives it the momentum to move... and with no high revving!! It sure takes some getting used to but for now it seems to be working. I do feel tho that knowing the sales rep done a course on the eco surely it is something they all should of been told about ?

Registered
Hi Eco3,
Many thanks for replying, and I'm pleased that "the problem" with reving is infact a design trait, I hope you are enjoying your ecosport- I live in rural suffolk and saw a black one pass through our village- first siting of one on the open road -and looked amazing.does the ecosport have daytime running lights as I could not detect them on,on the one today?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Mitch
This is another bone of contention lol,
The daytime running lights are in fact a bulb in the fog lights,the led strip in the headlights are "parking lights" a missed opportunity for Ford I'm afraid to say..
Over all we are in love with ours and would recommend to anyone..

Registered
Hi eco3,
Thanks for the info on the DRL,s ,yes a missed opportunity as they would look fab as a strip light in the main headlight ( like new Audi ) ,but I very pleased you are happy and would recommend one. As soon as pick mine up (1month hopefully) then I will leave some feedback. HAPPY ECOSPORTING!!!!

Registered
Hi a short Q:I recently havea 1.0T ....................Does the revving problem manifest itself as a sort of Judder/clutch slip-type feeling as you release the clutch.............. (or is it much more something like a swinging-up rev counter above about 1200 & fast pulling up a hill, which I once had on Ford ka??Did the re-progarmming reduce/smooth out these, or is it just the engine 'learning' its owner?Thank you

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi EcoboostThe revving is STILL an issue but ford keep saying its a design feature,i have taken it back twice now to be plugged in /looked at etc and still it revs on its own going forward and in reverse,it is now a wind up and bloody annoying!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts