Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, most of the boxes I've been looking at are approx 14kg.....with the max load capacity being 20kg on the EcoSport it doesn't leave much to actually load into the roof box....

Anyone else got a roof box and with similar issues?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I must admit I'm not completely impressed with... A) the weight of the bars....they don't feel very robust, B) the fact you can't lock them to the roof rails (quite why Ford use this rail instead of the normal ones found on Kuga is a mystery) and C) the fact they say 40kg is the load limit.....

That said, I'll just be using mine for Body & Surf Boards and Kayak....all of which are not too heavy. And then only for short distances.....

·
Registered
812 Posts
Wife and I carry 2 mountain bikes on the roof rack, and they each weigh 24lbs (10.9kg), so that's a total of 21.8 kg, roof load limit is 40kg, the Ford 2 cross bar system is designed for that weight, so no problems there.

If you have a 14kg roof box, and even taking into account the two cross bars at say 2kg each, does that not leave you with 40kg - 14 - 2 - 2 = 22kg of luggage inside the box, which seems adequate (as its the same weight as two mountain bikes) or have i got that wrong?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts