Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my es came without roof rails and i have been trying to source a pair for a while now , i know that they are £150 if you order them with your car and so i went to fords to ask about a pair for me to fit and they quoted the same £150 so i ordered a pair waited two days and went to collect , brought them home only to find the sub rails which are basically black rubber rails with no aluminium shroud to go over the top of them or any fitting kit ! so i take them back to fords asking WTF only to be told that the aluminium shrouds are another £87 EACH and the fitting kit is another £25 needless to say i got a complete refund and left .
that was about six months ago and i have been looking ever since for a pair to no avail , does anybody else know where you can get some - other than AliExpress lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah , rang around a few within a 20 mile radius to no avail , kept my details for future reference . seen some on the internet in Ireland he wanted the full £150 plus £38 p+p but i didn't fancy buying blind if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I looked into this when I bought a basic ecosport, and realised from photos that it does not come with roof rails, and that it was another £150 extra, which I ordered with the car because I did not want to drill holes into the roof myself.

Did not realise all these silver finishes were even more money if you want to do it as an aftermarket fix. So glad it was just £150 as an extra as a factory fit. A bit late for yourself, but worth noting if anyone is going to buy the basic trim Ecosport.

On a side issue.....
Still got to buy the bike rack and cross beams though, but will get round to that next year come spring.

What aftermarket bike rack (holding two bikes) do members recommend for the ecosport, if you have already bought one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i saw the cross beams on the bay of plenty and thought that they were over priced as well , not to sure about the bike rack although my main dealer has one set up on the display model , have you asked at a dealership by you ?

just found this eBay item number: 322282857411

1 - 5 of 5 Posts