Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
No idea if its the same, maybe someone else will know and reply soon, but a word of warning....

When working on or replacing air bags, ensure the battery is disconnected, or the software for air bag release can get mixed up, and error codes will show up.

There is also the danger of an airbag going off, if working on live circuits. So disconnect battery.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a 2018 Titanium automatic and if it serves you as it has me you should be well pleased with it,

IF you can get access to part numbers you might be able to find out. IF you have a friendly Factor they might help.
Why do you need an airbag? IF you have bought a car and it needs one, the seller should do the replacement.
Be very careful as Colin says. Leave the battery disconnected for some time as circuitry can retain a charge for a while.
I bought a S/H seat to convert a passenger seat to rise and fall some years back and I cannot get rid of the airbag control box due to it containing an explosive.
Short of taking it out in the wilds and exploding it. NOT recommended.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry, I forgot something I read. Airbags are peculiar to each vehicle in that the computer has to be programmed to accept each piece connected.
I doubt Fords are any different. BUT airbag replacement is not for the faint hearted.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts