Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else had issues with seat covers showing signs of extreme wear in short time that you've had vehicle, my car is going in this week to have seat covers changed by ford as drivers one has worn badly so they are changing the covers under warranty, must admit I was surprised when they told me covers are listed in spares catalogue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cloth covers have worn at back of drivers seat gone all bobbly and pluck they tried to blame it on a comb in back pocket some thing I never have as hair is far to short for a comb

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good now it's been change done just over 7k now but it was about 5k when I noticed seat cover wearing hopefully it was just a bad one new one appears to be slightly thicker ??

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi figgnas, this is an old topic on pre-facelift Ecosport 2015. Welcome to the forum.

Cloth seats....pre-facelift
At that time Ford kept changing the cloth on the car seats on every model and every year, especially the zetec base model. Problems with poor cloth and on zetec light grey cloth was the problem.

I bought the zetec model in 2016, but as it was a 1.5 petrol model instead of the 1.0 petrol model the seats were all black rather then the 'very wearing and showing stains' with the poor grey finish. The reason for the cheap grey was to show that you had bought the cheapest model, causing a lot of people to buy higher trim models instead. It is a cheap trick by car manuafacturers to put poorer products in to differentiate base model from better trim models. Not good at all.

Leather seats....
As for leather seats, which I have actually never owned in my lifetime of cars, was due to the price of the leather seats, the coldness of your arse in winter :D the stickiness of same in summer (Yuk! say no more), the eventual bagginess of the seat base which makes a car look really worn and aged,

Well there is a rule for that one....
You should only buy leather seats on a car with ridges on the base to avoid bagginess. for example...

On the newer facelift Ecosport (2007 onwards) there has been improvements of cloth finish compared to earlier models.

So do you have wear on your own seats?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts