Ford Ecosport Forum banner

Service time

13K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Moth 
#1 ·
Our car is due its 2 year service.

Ford have quoted - with air-con clean up, brake fluid change and a oil flush before the new oil is filled.

£340!

I have rang an independent garage and they have quoted £200 for the same job (minus the oil flush as forgot to ask for that price, not that it would much). That includes all Ford approved parts etc.

I know you don't have to go the main dealers anymore, provided its still done to the schedule and approved parts etc.

With us being on PCP, do we have to go Ford still, or can we go else where, as £340 is very excessive!

#2 ·
Hi Maleko.

When we had our lease car it stipulated that any servicing or work had to be done by a main dealer it even had something about the fitting of Tyre's. when we had the Fiesta on PCP we took out the service pack as when I spoke to a local mechanic he said he had heard of some contract stating main dealer servicing, as a way of still making you use the dealer networks.

I would suggest read the contract. And hopefully not and save some money

#4 ·
This is what our contract says about maintenance etc...

4. CARING FOR THE VEHICLE
a) You must keep the Vehicle in good condition and repair. Proper maintenance of the Vehicle is your responsibility. You must maintain and service the Vehicle at your own expense, in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, using materials that meet the
manufacturer's specifications, and must pay all repairers' invoices as and when they fall due. All service and maintenance must be
recorded in the service book.

Other points are about repair and damage.
Can't see anything about it having to be done at a Ford service centre.

#6 ·
I think it depends on what you want to do with the car when the PCP ends, and if the PCP contract has any stipulations about servicing.
In the unlikely event that you hand it back and walk away the finance company may quibble over the Guaranteed Value of the car if it has not been serviced at the main dealer.
I have heard of people in the past having to pay penalties because they did not use a main dealer to service the car or they did not get it serviced exactly when the service was due.
Not saying that is the case with you but I would want to hear it from the horses mouth first before I got any work done at an independent garage.

If you purchase, or trade in or sell on the car and pay off the finance then it doesn't really matter where it has been serviced! :)

#7 ·
This is the info we have been seeing online from blogs and websites....

It may just be better to get it serviced with Ford to avoid any possible fines etc and just take the extra service cost.

We are still unsure as to what we are going to do in 2018 when the 3 years is over, we have been just changing the car for something new past few times.

#9 ·
Our car is due its 2 year service.

Ford have quoted - with air-con clean up, brake fluid change and a oil flush before the new oil is filled.

...............£340 is very excessive!
Agree that is crazy money, luckly for me i bought mine, so i can use an independant garage when the time comes, and expect a cost of around £150.

Air con clean up ,is usually just a pollen filter change at £15.
Brake fluid change is un-necessary, had 10 year old cars with the same brake fluid.
Synthetic Oil and filter change from Quik fit is around £55 for our type of car.
Most other parts of the service is just a look around the cars components.

Overpriced servicing is a racket in the car game, and £340 for one service is a pure ripoff.
I usually try to get my servicing free or as cheap as possible, but could not get a deal with Ford dealer at all, on my ES.

We have a Mitsu Colt for the wife and it was three yearly services for £299 up front, at least that sounds more reasonable, compared to the above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.