Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to this evil virus, all sorts of businesses are affected. Whilst the MOT situation has been sorted with a six month extention, servicing seems to be a hit and miss affair.
My car is a Motability contract car and as such I have to make sure all is done when necessary BUT it has to go back to the dealer that supplied it. They at the moment are closed. Problem being this am in order to get some food, on switching on a little man in the speedo told me that the car is due for a service. Fine I can shut him up with the OK button but I do wish he would not tell me about the service EVERYTIME I start the car.
I am fortunate that it is less than 5000 miles since the last service BUT modern oils do like to be changed frequently. How do people who cover many more miles than I sort this problem out.
If car hire can stay open surely car servicing is just as important. I appreciate companies have to protect their employees BUT many would sooner work and be paid that laid off, waiting for govt to make up the shortfall which I believe wont be till June.
Interesting conumdrum.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Freddy, Car dealerships are closed except for answering calls, and that means no selling cars, repairs or servicing during this lockdown. I phoned up the dealership for my Wife's car as its due its first service, and there was a member of staff answering calls, and he said as long as we got a note of your car numberplate we will raise a job card and warranty will continue, as long as we take the car in for the service after the lockdown is finished. Mind you if your car breaks down during this lockdown and needs warranty repairs, hard luck! LOL.

My only unknown not answered, is once the service is done in say a few months time or even six months time, does the starting date of another years warranty be the original date (due now), or this new later date? I do not know. Always trying to get a few extra months warranty, he he :D

As for service reset, if you are fed up with service reminders....(facelift model which you have)
https://www.ecosportownersclub.co.uk/forum/23-technical/4976-service-message-come-up.html#post22668

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the dealers website as I posted and it appeared to be they are shut down , so I tried an Email. Reply instantly, that the dealer will be starting servicing soon and would I like to book.
So I have and it will be done in the middle of May subject to me or the dealer catching this Virus..
So, if all appears locked up, try a contact and as in my case it is sorted.
There will be many stories of selflessness by the time this is all over the country.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin, sorry to have not got back before but I have tried three times using your link but it will not work. This I presume is due to it being an Auto and every chance a different wiring arrangement.
Thank you for the suggestion, just have to keep pressing the 'OK' button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts