Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m a happy new owner of a 2018 ecosport st, however I’ve recently noticed that the panel below the passenger door (drivers side) is loose, I wondered if anyone else had this issue and if so if they knew of a quick fix?
All ideas welcome!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, Robbie :D

I assume you are talking about the door card inside the cabin.

These are just held on with clips and may have snapped off or become loose.

Buy and replace broken clips, and if lose either put new clips in or put a foam strip between door card and metal.
This stops vibration and looseness.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry may be pre empting here but there have been reports regarding the black plastic panel at the bottom of the door on the outside coming loose. As the car has a three year warranty, whatever the problem take it back to the dealer, presuming you bought it from a Ford dealer. Even so with its date of registration to prove age, let them worry about it.
If it is the door card, carefully remove it take a note of the type of clip and good old Ebay often can match them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it is the outside of the car, it’s not a black panel just the same colour as the rest of the car (tiger eye in my case) I live quite remote so taking it back to the dealer is a long drive for a small problem & probably not within Scotland current Covid-19 travel advice.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Scotland's travel advice at the moment is 5 miles maximum to drive to a park for exercise LOL.

My nearest park is 6.5 miles from my town, so I drive 5 miles and then add on the 'Dominick Commings' percentage extra miles >:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts