Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all has anybody fitted after market sidesteps? As many may know Ford UK do not supply sidesteps that are available from Ford India. We are trying to purchase from India but concerned as not UK sold regarding warranty.Any views on this subject anyone?

·
Registered
807 Posts
....Any views on this subject anyone?
Should not affect warranty, unless you are drilling into the side of the car and end up creating rust, if you have not treated the paint finish around and in the holes correctly.

Not sure if there are pre-drilled threaded holes for the sidesteps. as I know there are pre-drilled threaded holes for the roof rails.

As for me, I think sidesteps are a rather waste of space, and do not help the car look good visually. But that's just my opinion, I suppose you have your practical reasons for sidesteps.

You can buy them here just google 'ecosport sidesteps'

Example...
http://www.tradevanaccessories.co.u...liant-black/?gclid=CNTVi8bs8dMCFei87Qod8kYB0g

·
Registered
179 Posts
They might add a bit of protection to the side of the car and help little ones climb in.

Warranty wise for the car you'll be fine. Any issues with the side steps though and sending back to India will be a no I would think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, the steps are for me to use! Being short and arthritic hips I am hoping they will help me get in/out they did on our old landcruiser. Point taken about ordering from India we have deceided on using Direct 4x4 to supply. May look into roofbars next! Heck we have only done 500 miles in it but love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts