Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, waiting for delivery of 2 x Zetec models for me and my wife...:

The signature led strip that's on the headlights can you advise if this is similar to my bmax in that the led light comes on during the day as active daytime running light / led?

Does anyone have any pics of the various lighting I.e daytime mode, sidelight mode and headlight mode?

Is it also worth upgrading any front bulbs to make it more crisp and clear than a yellow "1980's" headlight?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi, the signature led strip in the headlamp is effectively the sidelights.
The daytime running lights are on the front bumper in the fog lamp, and yes it is worth changing the bulbs in them for LED ones.
See the attached for before and after...

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought them from a member on here called CarlThePlasterer.
He has also done a 'how to' video to show how to change them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No problem. :)

No - I have only changed the DRL bulbs for LED ones. All of the other bulbs are as it came from the dealer.
I have seen a couple of posts saying the lights are not very good on roads with no streetlamps but I travel on back roads at least twice a week in the dark and I find the headlamps really good especially the main beam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always wondered why Ford didn't make the signature lights the 'day-time' running lights (I really like them)? I switched to parking lights during the day but I'm not sure if they're that noticeable...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, I've got a bmax and the led daylight running lights are perfect and really make the headlights stand out in the day

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yeah, they ballsed up with this design, could have had it bright in the day, and them dimmer when turned on for side lights..

Out of interest, has anyone tried LED side lights to make them brighter? You can get 501 LED bulbs, just wondered if its worth ago as there not expensive...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts