Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just recently got a new Ecosport, leased, what they didn't tell me is it is the 2015 spec, not 2016 - explains why the lease deal was way cheaper than Fords offering.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had any details of how to remove the spare wheel and bracket, or if there were any types of kits out there that would allow this?

I know I would need the compressor & puncture repair kit, I'm mainly interested if you can get a cover that would fit over the existing space, as below.

Someone in Brazil did it:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/ford-ecosport-without-spare-wheel-124660

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would guess there would be more involved, so would nee to take it to a body mech.

The bracket should be easily removed by bolts, no idea how it would look underneath.

Also, don't bother getting a compressor and repair kit, biggest con and waste of time/money ever.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't think it's as simple as just removing the wheel and bracket. I think it's a totally different tailgate on the models without a spare wheel, and you would need some amount of body shop work to make it look good. But as said previously a tire repair kit is pretty useless and I personalty wouldn't want to be without a spare wheel from experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it would be a trip to the body shop for some work to get that properly removed. Of course I don't think you'll be able to do that with it being a lease!?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts