Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello .. I want to buy a spare wheel and kit as I dont want to fill my tyre with foam , I have found online firms who can supply this but when I want to order they tell me it wont work on my spec 2020 car the price for this wheel is £194 buts its not a Ford part .. But I can buy a Ford spare wheel /tyre from a Ford parts dept for £400 plus ... Any Idea of an alternative company to try ..

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :D

Why won't it work on the 2020 spec? Is the pitch of the holes different?

I bought my spacesaver tyre for my wife's new Smart Fortwo last year, as Smart do not have a spacesaver at all, and we will not drive cars without a spare, as 'compressor and goo' kits are not 100% effective that you will get back on the road.

I would usually give you a number of spacesaver companies to try phoning, but as you say you have had problems getting one, I will only quote where I got my Wifes spacesaver from, I have bought a few spacesavers in the past for previous cars from them. Its a Good product.

Here is the Ford Ecosport page for the spacesaver and it quotes 2014 to present, 16" at a cost of £139.95 for tyre + tool kit. What you should do is phone them up and see if it is compatible for 2020, or not. Phone number (0161 302 5656) Good luck, and come back and tell us why 2020 spec is not compatible......

Note a spacesaver is only to get you home or to repair tyre workshop, it is a temporary tyre, and max speed is 50MPH or 80KPH.

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/?product_cat=ford-ecosport&filter_vehicle-year=2014-present-day

·
Registered
857 Posts
For all those watching, a word of warning :eek:

If you have a spare in your car and it has a one legged jack, then never use it, throw it away in the bin, as its down right dangerous.

If the car is on any sort of slope, it can buckle at the joint and maybe collapse. happend to me in the past

It is best to carry a scissors jack, these are far stronger and will not buckle.

Make sure you get one that will carry the weight of the car.

Ecosport approx weight 1349 kg is 1.48 tonnes, so you need a 1.5 tonnes capacity or 2.0 tonnes capacity scissors jack.
Disclaimer: Just check the weight of your specific Ecosport model and year to be sure of correct weight, or just go for the 2.0 tonnes version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts