Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Just thought I'd say Hello.

I currently drive an Abarth 595 - and have an 140hp ST Line on order, build date is end of this month.

I know its a completely different car compared to my trusty 595, but I'm looking forward to having a) Space, b) Room for people in the back, and c) Technology!

Watch this space, and will keep you updated when its nearly here, and when it arrives.

N

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Drove a 500 nice interior feels throwable, and I bet the Fiat 595 goes like S off a S.

The ES is completely different but the room and high driving position will be a benefit, not sure the throwable bit would ever come into play.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Happy to say the ST-Line feels like it's more like it's cousin the Fiesta rather than that of the old Model T....On my test drive I managed to persuade the salesman to stray off the 2.5 mile standard run and gave my test car a decent try out...took it down a favourite B road and it didn't disappoint....Granted, it won't be like S of an S (a la 595) but should still put a smile on my face nonetheless...Just interested to see if I could get it Mountune'd....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've also been looking for a Mountune! Seen some box tunes, but not really worth the price for the measely gains for the 140, would be worth it for the 235 though! If there is a compatible Mountune, I'll be all over it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
2018 EcoSport

Had a look on the Mountune Homepage and saw there are modifications available for the Fiesta 100/125/140 Ecoboost engines....

As this is essentially the same setup I will have in my 125 Eco ST-Line there should (in my non engineering head) be no problem for power upgrades....

There's a dealer in Burton I will travel to and ask...

In all honesty I couldn't justify the price hike for the 140...15ps (ish) So will look into Mountune...and of course the warranty is unaffected...

Some good news from a buying perspective...My company is an affiliate of Ford, it's worth mentioning who you work for and see if there are any deals...I managed to get 2 free services as a result. And the best part is that it's a Ford deal rather than Dealer specific so it can be used wherever you like....I'm thinking Monaco! :cool:

Best Wishes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Update.....

Had call from dealer....New Ecosport ST-Line Race Red will be ready for collection Tuesday 22nd....I popped in to sort private Reg. Transfer and saw it....Even without the car being clean and polished it looks good....very happy with my choice of colour....So only a few more days to wait.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update.....

Had call from dealer....New Ecosport ST-Line Race Red will be ready for collection Tuesday 22nd....I popped in to sort private Reg. Transfer and saw it....Even without the car being clean and polished it looks good....very happy with my choice of colour....So only a few more days to wait.

Best Wishes
Ah brilliant! I may pip you to the post! Dealer rung yesterday to say it had arrived in Dagenham....finally, rung again this afternoon, to say it had arrived in Liverpool, so should have it for the weekend if not before!

Saw a grey ST Line on my way home from work - looked really good, and makes me want mine even more!

Can't wait now!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's great...seen a few new Eco's this week....Today I saw 3...it's funny how you start noticing them....Ruby Red ST, Black/Tiger Eye ST and Lightning Blue Titanium....
Weather should be great for picking up a new ride this weekend so I hope all goes well....

And post piccies if you can...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes - it is coincidental that you start to notice them more when you've got one imminent! Unfortunately, it looks more likely to be a Thursday delivery now! Going away tomorrow for a few days, so will be giving the Abarth a decent final road trip! Shame i cant run the new one in, but then again, hardly going to be hooning the new one around as much as I do in the 595!

Make sure you take piccies when your's arrives before mine!

Take Care.

N

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi....delivery still on for the 22nd....which is a good job as my current ride is running on fumes I reckon and I'm not keen on topping up the tank (the scot in me)....

Yes, will take piccies and post once I have had a play....

Have a great break,

Best Wishes,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brilliant....can't say I'm jealous at all! I hope you do collect today! If weather is like it is here, you've got a cracking collection day!
Enjoy it! It'll look brill!

N

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yay!!

I am now the proud owner of a Race Red ST- Line 125.....

Picked her up this afternoon...very happy with my choice of colours...The amount of tech is astonishing....will take pics and post for all....

Only fly in the ointment was mud flaps have not been fitted as requested as they're not in stock...but that's it....

Everything else I'm very happy with...And a perfect warm sunny day here to collect on too...

Regards

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's brilliant! Glad you're a fan of the colour choice!

Mine has finally arrived too! Confirmed pick up for Thursday when I get back from my hols! Can't wait!

In regards to the mud flaps, I was told you can't have them fitted to the ST Line due to the body kit, could be mistaken though!

Have fun and enjoy! 👌

N

·
Registered
32 Posts
Excellent.....

Has the collection been made then....Another great day for a new car...

My Red machine now has a thin layer of dust covering her....She'll get a bath this weekend once the rain clears....

I opted for the Diamond Brite paint finish too...(actually my dealer did it for nothing as I have been a good customer for some years)....

As for mud flaps, I paid for them as part of the Protection pack with boot liner....No one has said I couldn't have them on ST....perhaps a visit to dealer required...I'll leave it until next week...That body kit looks great too in my opinion....

Hope all well with your ride,

B

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes collected it last night! So pleased with it! And the colour too!

Had to take it for a quick photo shoot and saw a grey ST- Line parked up, so had to take a few with that! Ha.

I opted for the standard alloys, and have to say I think they work really well with the Red.

Will post some pics later.

Ps my dealer threw in the boot liner as a good will for the long delay - which wasn't really their fault! Can't complain at that!

Take care.

N

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

As promised, I have loaded up a few images of my new ride....it's rained here all day so the car is wet....but at least it washed off all that dust!!

Anyway, here she is...

Hope you like it as much as I do....Photo's don't do it justice I reckon....looks so much better in the metal.

Best Wishes,

B

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lovely! I do agree with you though, pictures really don't do it justice! Dependant on angle it looks disproportionate, but in person looks perfectly fine!

The 140 really holds its own! And absolutely love the turbo whistle!

Take care.

N

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

I agree the whistle from the turbo and the urgency in the car is intoxicating. Also considering it's quite a tall car the road holding is excellent. The power delivery from the 3 cyl is just great....I love it.

Gave Elmo a well earned bath this morning and managed to tuck him away before the heavens opened....According to Bristol Street Motors Parts Dept. Mud Flaps are available for ST-Line. So these will be fitted as soon as Ford decide to send them.

Your car looks great by the way....

Regards,

B

·
Registered
857 Posts
Think I must be the only one that bought the 1.5 ecotec petrol engine (back in 2016) which was cheaper at the time than the newer 1.0 engine, plus we had a Ford company car with the 1.5 engine and i really liked it, so went for the same engine. The 1.5 petrol engines MPG is surprisingly not that far behind the 1.0, just a few MPG down.

I think they have done away with the 1.5 petrol in the range for the new shaped 2018 Ecosport, which only offer the 1.0 three cylinder petrol or 1.5 Diesel now.

Mind you there are not many owners wanting diesel anymore, considering the big problems of EU6 emissions with 'oil dilution' requiring oil and filter changes every six months, and also eating adblue (pig urine :D) that is costly. Plus diesels will likely be banned in the near future from cities.

So I would say you picked the right engine for the car, ie, petrol. And MPG is a lot better now than petrol SUV's used to be.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts