Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here I am looking at eco's lovely pics ans reading the fab reviews. I am on 140 days since ordering and my dealers still can't give me a date!! I have spoken to ford UK customer ' Carr's dept, the person I spoke to had never even heard of the Ecosport! Filling me with confidence. .. Not!! I am getting mighty fed up of waiting, of the dealer, and of ford UK.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ojo our count was 233days!! but well worth the wait hang in there you won't be disappointed.....we have had ours a week tomorrow,a couple of teething probs have arisen and will be sorted this week,the first being it revs on its own in reverse,thought it may of settled down but it hasn't,and we have only just noticed the lights have been wired wrong.
The fog light are the ones that are on permantly and not the daytime running lights,hopefully a quick fix on both then we'll be sorted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi There,We received our ecosport on Friday 13th, it was ordered at beginning of March. It is a moondust silver, a 1.5 TDCI limited edition. I firstly ordered it in panther black but it is still in Chennai. We are very happy with the silver, it looks a chunkier car than the panther black as there is a colour contrast between body and sills. My garage has a black 1.0 litre and had a yellow one too. So managed to drive diesel and petrol think that we have been spoilt. The ecosport has a good feel to it, looks good drives well, we like it.Think that mine needs the same adjustment on the running lights though like eco3, it is the spots that light up on mine too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update on earlier entry I called in at the garage today to query the day time running lights. I was informed that the lights are ok the spots are the running lights so no adjustments needed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
these r the running lights which should be on when ignition is on....
these r the fog lights which r on and shouldn't be unless selected..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks both, I will hang on in there eco3! Thanks for the advice on the drl's I will make sure mine is right before I collect it...whenever that will be!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Btw belsy, eco3 is right on the fog lights, it is actually illegal to have them on in good visibility.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi OjoThanks for agreeing with me. ours is booked in next Monday but have been having a chat with the sales rep and he keeps telling that the thin strip of light over the headlight is a style light, and not classified as a daytime running light, andthat the daytime running lights share the fog light housing because there are two bulbs in it.....maybe someone else on herewho has one can confirm this??

·
Registered
48 Posts
ok hubby has just gone and had a play and yes there are two bulbs in the fog lights,the thin strip over the headlight run as side lights and when lights are turned on full and fog light pressed they are FOG LIGHTS....lol so end of discussion really lol, sorry for the confusion...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi,

Our EcoSport has the two bulb arrangement in the fog light housing and the LED 'Signature' strip is the parking light. Why???

Parking lights are seldom used unless the car is... well... parked! In the pre-release pictures and brochures the LED lights appeared to be the DRLs, so I feel quite cheated that they are merely parking lights when we took delivery. What a waste of an opportunity!

There are so many things that I love about the EcoSport. It is great to drive, is practical, comfortable and quite well equiped. The keyless entry was a welcome surprise for me and the car looks stunning. But why have Ford put that stupid rubber cover in front of the gear lever? It looks stupid and doesn't seem to serve any purpose - aesthetic or otherwise - and why have they put the DRLs in the fog lights? Using the LED strip as DRLs (like on the Audis) would look amazing and finish the styling off beautifully!

·
Registered
48 Posts
XN85 Well put and 100% agree,Ford have let the Ecosport down by putting the drl's in the fog lights,
Over all we are well happy and when the time comes would definitely buy another.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bet they do a mid-life facelift in a couple of years. Heated front screen and improved interior plastics...

Guess who will be first in the queue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ITS AT THE DEALERS

I'll be picking her up on Friday ! 1.5 sci in panther black titanium x pack!! Will post pics!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great news!! I bet you can't wait....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, she has landed. First day with my 1.5 tdci and I am very very happy. The car droves beautifully is very quiet and has a proper quality feel to it. [L]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts