Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Echosport Auto Petrol, the stop /Start function has been operating ok up to now, but all of a sudden for no reason has stopped working after driving a distance engine hot battery voltage 14.6 volts all Aux are off. When I come to a stop hard pressure on brake peddle engine keeps running a greyed out icon now shows on dash with a line through,?. Anybody experienced this.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have no idea if my start stop works as I have switched it off every journey since I bought my Ecosport, as I hate this technology as it gives wear on engine components, and lowers the life of the car battery. Trade that off against a few drops of fuel saving. Forget it.

As for start stop, it has to meet certain conditions to work, the usual failure of start stop is a drained or duff battery (I see you mentioned the battery). I could not find the Ford listing in the car manual for all the conditions, but here is generic conditions to be met (see below). If under warranty take it back. If not under warranty then plug in an OBII reader in the diagnostic socket to see if there is a fault code for start stop not working. at least that would give you an idea of the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update . After a journey of 200 miles started to operate again for a few days now gone back to inop how odd is this

·
Registered
838 Posts
Thanks for the update.

But as said, it has to meet certain conditions to operate, and that makes it pretty iffy whether it will work. One day/or hour it might work, another day/or hour it might not. That is also another reason not to use it, as its unpredictable, and better to just switch it off every journey.

Also how many cars have you seen 'stalled' in the middle of a junction due to the start stop cutting in by accident, and having to re-start the engine. I have seen that a lot. This to me is just a downright dangerous situation.

Yes, you can tell I really hate this start stop technology imposed on us, as its totally worthless and can be dangerous, with more disadvantages than the one small advantage of a thimblefull of fuel saved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts