Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Is there any way to switch off the stop start permanent, without having to keep switching off every time you start the engine?
When I first purchased it in April, it didn't seem to do it?
Look forward to your replies

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Jakell and welcome to the forum :D

First of all it is diabolical that we have the start stop on as default, it should have been the other way around, that if we wanted start stop you should press a button.

The reason you found it not working sometimes, is that it has to meet many conditions before it works. So that is another thing against it, as it is temperamental, so it may work sometimes or it may not. Also wear on engine components and shorter lifespan for car battery puts me off.

I just switch mine off every journey as I hate start stop.

To totally disable it on many makes of cars is done using different methods depending on what car you own. Some use software on the computer to disable it for good, others use a small printed circuit plugged in or wired in, which automatically disables stop start each journey. My wife has that on her 453 Smart Fortwo and is an electronic circuit with three wires connected behind and to the start stop disable button and costs £50 on Ebay, I wired it in.

Doing a google search for the Ecosport, I could not find a software soluition, but I found a USA company that sells a plug in printed circuit board type of disabler, it plugs in before the OBII diagnostic socket, and automatically switches off start stop each journey. Bad news, its $99 plus shipping plus tax. I would also check with them via email that it will fit and work on the UK Ecosport before considering to buy.
Video showing how to install the above...Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jakell and welcome to the forum :D

First of all it is diabolical that we have the start stop on as default, it should have been the the way around, that if we wanted start stop you should press a button.

The reason you found it not working sometimes, is that it has to meet many conditions before it works. So that is another thing against it, as it is temperamental, so it may work sometimes or it may not. Also wear on engine components and shorter lifespan for car battery puts me off.

I just switch mine off every journey as I hate start stop.

To totally disable it on many makes of cars is done using different methods depending on what car you own. Some use software on the computer to disable it for good, others use a small printed circuit plugged in or wired in, which automatically disables stop start each journey. My wife has that on her 453 Smart Fortwo and is an electronic circuit with three wires connected behind and to the start stop disable button and costs £50 on Ebay, I wired it in.

Doing a google search for the Ecosport, I could not find a software soluition, but I found a USA company that sells a plug in printed circuit board type of disabler, it plugs in before the OBII diagnostic socket, and automatically switches off start stop each journey. Bad news, its $99 plus shipping plus tax. I would also check with them via email that it will fit and work on the UK Ecosport before considering to buy.
Video showing how to install the above...Good luck.
Thank you some much for your reply, I will keep that in mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts