Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People for those of you that have recently taken delivery of your new ES I would suggest that your check www.ford.co.uk as there are software updates for your Ford Sync on there. Mine is only 3 weeks old and I found that an update was required but you will need to know your VIN.

I have noticed that WAZE is now working on it and a few other updates, If any one runs into issues post on this thread and I will try and help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Updated mine and checked the version number which mow shows version 3. Apps wise nothing has changed i cant get Waze on mine. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated mine and checked the version number which mow shows version 3. Apps wise nothing has changed i cant get Waze on mine. Any suggestions?

Have you got the latest version of waze on your iPhone ? Sorry as only have a iPhone that I connect and with that I had to disable Apple Carplay and then reconnected the phone and then under general settings from the sync checked for App updates

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear that the new maps are out for the Sync 3 devices, these update the maps to those vehicles that have Navigation in but I can seem to get to the site as it just keeps saying try later. I think these are version F7 so most likely to be 2016 maps !

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2018 with sync 3 version 3 and maps 7. I have just downloaded updated navigation and tried to install it.
Installation was on going for around 25 minutes with screen showing software update in progress.
Then engine just stopped running, went to have a look and all screens blank, waited a couple of minutes to see if this was part of the update procedure and then started the engine in the normal way and screen still said software update in progress, 10 minutes later screen said recycle ignition so I switched engine off, waited 3-4 minutes and started again.
Have now checked information screen and it tells me navigation is still v 7 and my favourites destinations are still there so it cannot have been updated.
I have put the usb drive back in but nothing comes up on the screen recognising the contents.
Any one out there with any suggestions please.
OT

·
Registered
278 Posts
Two issues for one: The business of compatible phones and this automatic dialing in an emergency, I am totally with Colin YPD on this one.
Now the update to the SYNC 3. I am a dunce with computers and also ( topic of the moment) I have suffered with depression/anxiety for some 30 plus yrs which forced me into retirement and a label from DWP or what it was then, as unemployable, I also have a phobia about phones. The experts scratch their heads and just tell me they can't work out why my brain does not respond to treatment. So moving on to the question of the updates. I have tried to follow the instructions on the Ford website. I have tried to fathom out the question of compression and expansion of programs and all I get is yet another gobbledegook result from the USB. At the end of April the car had to be serviced, it is a Ford main dealer and our Ecosport is leased through Motability, so having had the problems with understanding, or trying to , I asked the young lady that booked the car in about them doing the update: It takes about 2hrs?????? and you will have to pay for it or we will have to get permission from Motability to incur the cost.
So, I will just do what I have always done and read a map. At least I can do that. As to phones, my Wife has a basic mobile for emergencies. The salesman was quite upset that he couldn't take us through the system of this 'automatic' emergency calling. I try and be out of the room when she uses the landline. What really upsets me is people like Google who insist on a phone number and you cannot access their services unless you give it to them. So Google, you might have announced you are stopping 'who are we' from using your system, well here's one who couldn't give a monkeys toss. This wonderful giant hasn't even got a contact system in the UK unless, you have guessed it, you ring them, which according to.many means hanging on for ever and no answer at the end of it. Sorry, I get a little hot under the collar about this incessant quest for a faster phone etc. Try living with my problems and there are many like me but we don't count until some grotty little politician wants my vote. End of my RANT, Addendum. One thing about being very careful about who gets our phone number and BT have been very good in helping us, is that we very rarely get phone calls from con men and others of a so called respectable occupation.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I confess I do not like many new gadgets in a car, and this tendency now to download updates and install them in your car could be detrimental to your car in the long run, and create faults in software that was not there before.

My philosophy on cars has been not to tinker with them if they are working OK and it makes you wonder why does the car need all these software updates?

If I buy the new facelift Ecosport, I would not want to update the car with Sync 3 updates ever, if it is working fine. I would leave well alone. Even to the extent of sat nav updates, if it is going to mess up something else in the car.

Example..My wife has a Smart car with the standard FM radio and no sat nav (no updates required ever). On higher trim models the same car comes with a DAB digital screen with sat nav, and since the April updates, owners have complained that when installing the update via an SD card, the sat nav speed camera warning function has been dissabled, and Smart has said as France says its illegal to have this now, and owners can be fined if they have it, it has now been removed from all Smart cars in Europe that have sat nav , including the UK.

The laugh is for those that have not got around to the update or refused to instal the update, their speed camera warningfunction works fine. On the smart forums, owners are warning others not to update. Its a mad world now :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts