Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thing that puzzles me is a 2011, 2012 fiesta has projected HID lights, DAB radio and heated front screen, I have a 2016 Ecosport and it's got none of these, do Ford go backwards, with technology ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 2001(51plate) Mondeo zetec and that had a heated front screen 19years ago, and 2016 they don't put one on, that wouldn't happen with Audi technology.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I am glad we do not have heated front screen on the Ecosport, as my company Ford Focus had one and depending on sunny days and sun location relative to the windscreen, you could see the thin wires and were very distracting to me.

A lot of new tech I do not like as its a waste of time, not required and annoying. for instance.....

Start stop tech rubbish.
Tyre pressure monitoring.
Auto wipers and Auto lights.
Smart auto parking.
Internet connectivity.
DAB radio.
I could go on :D

This is why I try to buy base models with very little extras to worry about.

Years ago I used to say to car sales people I want this and that, but now I say I do not want this or that >:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I agree with you on some things but DAB radio is all there is gonna be soon so if you don't have one it's gonna cost you to get one or you,'ll have no radio, plus going back to old fashioned light bulbs that's a bit tight, they have put HIDS on the latest Ecosport why not the pre 18 models ?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Daytime running lights is a big can of worms, as some car models and makes have them only in front of the car, and others front and back now.

The problem with some cars is with front only DRL's and an always lit dash, some owners get fooled at night into thinking all their lights are on, and in reality there is no lights at the back on, and they get rear ended by not being seen soon enough.

PS ......Proctor, I suppose I could live with DAB radio in a car, if thats all I am offered now, but FM and AM is going to still be with us for a long time, as the take up of DAB radio has been slower than initially thought, as people still want their FM channels :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What puzzles me though and whoever thought it up the sidelights are a ring LED, but the main lights are a cheap yellow coulour old fashioned double filament light bulb, what's that all about.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We have a 2018 model and yes on a bright day you can see the heating element in the front screen. A tad disconcerting. On the previous car a Honda I replaced the headlight bulbs with Philips specials the name of which escapes me BUT the difference. I also did the main beam on the Rover which had separate main and dip lights ( 4) made one heck of a difference.
As to the Ecsoport I have yet to drive it in the dark.
The stop start is very disconcerting as I have had one case where it didn't work, that caused a fluster. As to the Radio, it seems OK but AM and FM has been promised the deathnell for years but it is still with us.Many people don't like the DAB system because I believe they don't like the way it fades from area to area, unless of course they have rectified it to work as the FM does.
The running lights on ours are very bright BUT why oh why do manufacturers insist on only front ones. The technology can't be difficult as Volvo have had front and rear running lights for year.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I did not know the new facelift Ecosport had the front windscreen heating element, wonder if it is only on higher trim models?

As for DAB radio in cars, I read that there can be an occasional glitch with changing broadcast areas on the move, and can cause a slight delay in the broadcast stream, so for instance a piece of music or a spoken sentence by a broadcaster will be repeated, and drivers have a "what the...just happened" moment.

The wonders of new technology :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new 2018 models are far better in all departments, why couldn't they do this in the firstplace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts