Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help ....can anyone please advise me where I can get a tow bar including fitting for a 17 plate Ecosport Titanium (no spare wheel on rear door). I have had a quote for £425 which is reasonable but they seem unable to source one. I am living in South Dorset but willing to travel a reasonable distance so any help would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too am experiencing difficulties in sourcing a tow bar for my 2018 ST Line. I want to tow a Trailer tent....

I have visited 2 dealers local to me (Staffordshire) and both told me there aren't any available anywhere. The Bay of E could be a route to purchase one and for one of those dealers to fit but this doesn't sit well with me as regards to guarantees/warranty etc.

The dealer I spoke with today told me that it's also vital to get a dedicated electrical tow bar kit for the car rather than just to tap into the existing wiring loom. These kits are warranty protected and are the better option.

But of course, like everything else EcoSport Accessory wise, sourcing a pack is feeling nigh on impossible.

Both dealers agreed the best version to have would be the detachable 'swan neck' version so as not to disrupt the rear parking sensors.

Thanks,

B

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having similar problems - our local tow bar fitter can't source a towbar for my 2016 Ecosport. However there are various models available online (search for Ford Ecosport towbar) and I have ordered one of these. My local fitter is happy to fit it for me once it arrives. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts