Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find anyone who may have had a tow-bar fitted to quiz. Does the extra lift at the back suspension pose any problem or the number-plate's low position? Be obliged to learn of anyone, thanks.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There are plenty towbar fitting companies for the Ecosport, here is an example just from google....
www towbarexpress co uk
Towbar express.... FORD ECOSPORT DETACHABLE SWAN NECK TOWBAR price £549 fitted. (though not sure if that includes wiring to socket, check the website).

Towing weight info.....Very limited for the Ecosport (ie, a small light caravan or small trailer)
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/blog/29585-first-drive-review-new-ford-ecosport

"The way the car drives solo bodes well for stability when towing, although sadly very conservative towing limits mean you won't see too many EcoSport's on site next summer. Even the 90PS 1.5-litre diesel is restricted by a legal towing maximum of just 750kg. The same applies to the 125PS 1.0T Ecoboost petrol, while the 112PS 1.5-litre petrol can tow just 700kg or 400kg when fitted with an automatic gearbox".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you tell me please who fitted your tow bar as I am struggling to find anywhere I can buy one fitted. It is for a 17 plate with no spare wheel on the back door.
Many thanks Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts