Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Two points: Why do you wish to turn off the Traction Control? Having experienced the benefit of this device I can't appreciate why turning it off is necessary. Not in this car but the first car I drove with it fitted, on acclerating around an uphill bend I was apparently too ambitious with the amount of turn I used. The traction control just firmly corrected this and at the same meant the car was less likely to slide or in a worst case scenerio turn over. Yes I agree with Colin, there are far too many gadgets on modern cars but this one is useful. Don't forget it also works with the stability control on the vehicle.
IF you want to turn it off under the heater controls are two buttons. One is the Stop/Start and the other is Traction Control just press it in and it will be confirmed in the speedo nacelle. This is on a Mk 2. Ecosport.

However it is recommended that in deep snow or mud when getting stuck to turn off the Traction Control to give more control.
Now seat belts, sorry to be an old codger but unless there is avery good reason. like a pregnant woman, seat belts are essential and IMHO every driver should see the end result od a person versus windscreen. No contest. Not pretty. I believe the switch is on the side of the facia inside the front passenger door. This is from memory. Handbook also tells how. Another way is to connect the seat belt and sit on it BUT some cars will have a pressure sensor to stop this. It is also an offence to not use a seat belt without good reason.

We all have our thoughts but these are two very essential parts of a motor car.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I assume the OP wants to switch off the passenger air bag for a baby seat fitted to the front passenger seat. That is the only reason for switching it off.

Ecosport handbook says that all children 9 years of age and under should be in the back seats only in the Ecosport, and not in the front seat.

[Ecosport Child Safety...(check the handbook as there are many pages on the subject)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi, thanks for the answers. the reason for asking both is that as far as the seat belts are concerned it was just curiosity. as far as the traction is concerned, I live on the top of a steep hill and the least bit of snow or ice and it becomes a problem. so on other cars i just switched off the traction and it makes it easier to negotiate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry to be heavy on the seat belts!!!!!!

We used to have a Rover45 with a V6 engine and Japco auto box. There was a switch marked snow mode. The one thing I would appreciate on all autos would be the snow mode.
Apparently it locked the box into a higher gear to help in snow and ice. Possibly allowed the torque convertor to slip more. We had some snow and ice rare for the SW and I had to get up a long incline covered in ice, many vehicles had failed I just engaged the snow mode and with a light foot the car sailed up with no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts