Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can anyone tell me where the trailer module is on my ecosport 2019 st line .I can find the wires under the back passenger seat but no module .
I have asked the main dealers and they could not tell me .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please can anyone tell me where the trailer module is on my ecosport 2019 st line .I can find the wires under the back passenger seat but no module .
I have asked the main dealers and they could not tell me .
Do you have a tow hitch fitted?
This is an accessory you have to buy if you fit a tow hitch, it does not come fitted as standard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t got one fitted at the moment .I am looking at the cost to do it myself as the garage wants £700 to supply and fit.
If I get the trailer module does the car have to be coded or is it just plug in

·
Registered
880 Posts
New facelift Ecosports have a canbus system, so you will need to fit a trailer module (relay unit), which is an in built relay system to buffer you trailer electrics from the canbus system.

See this thread on fitting a trailer module, fit it inside the back of the Ecosport...

Another irritation is that some cars are fitted with reversing sensors, and can mess up with a metal towball fitted. It may or may not affect Ecosports. One member says it does not affect reversing sensors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts