Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, my Ford Ecosport 2019 1.0 STLine has a jittery ride that upsets my wife - it came with the optional 18" wheels and 215/45 R18 tyres - could you please advise if fitting 215/55 R18 would see a significant improvement in the ride, without any fouling or other issues ? Tyre shops say they think its its fine to do, but aren't totally sure and are unable to say whether there will be a noticeable improvement.

Also, would I have to notify my insurance if we changed to tyres like this ? Thanks All

·
Registered
28 Posts
Changing the tyre profile will upset the speedo reading. My ST Line has 17" rims with 50 profile tyres and it too can be a bit jittery on a less than smooth surface.
You could change the wheels to 16" and 60 profile tyres but the ST Line wheel style is not available in 16".
Have you checked the tyre pressures?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a very great help thanks - so you have 50 and still have a jittery ride. Good point about the speedo as well - so thicker tyres on the 18in wheels will understate the speed on the speedo (more distance for each rotation) . Yes I do tend to have the tyre pressures towards the high end of the range, I'll try reducing that to more near the standard pressures, see if that helps. Thank you very much for your input, really useful information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts