Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was a pretty good achievement and well done to all involved. Shame the choice for me was quite limited otherwise I would have loved to have bought something made in the UK. (The Juke didn't really do it for me)

The UK automotive sector is one of the most advanced in the world, and global appetite for British-built cars has never been stronger. British car exports were worth £24.6 billion in 2014 and make up 11.8% of all UK exports. Industry growth has brought more than £1 billion of extra business to UK-based suppliers, boosting jobs and growth nationwide.

A vehicle rolls off an assembly line every 20 seconds and the industry now supports almost 800,000 jobs across the country.

Now if we can only get Ford to build the next generation Ecosport in the UK instead of India we would be laughing. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had no idea so many cars were manufactured in the UK till I saw that infamous episode of Top Gear, I think its great and crazy that I had to buy a car made in India! Was a negative but the ecosport had so many plusses for me, it still won out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know it's the same with all the buy local campaigns. I'm happy to support small local businesses but if I can only get something I want at the right price online then sorry, I'm going to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts