Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Can anyone help with a problem of a chime bleeping at start up and then intermittent while driving.
There is no message on display or information screen to say what the chime is warning me about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response, I made sure the handbrake was fully released but still getting this warning chime. It is if there was a door open/ajar but I have closed all doors and the bonnet (hood) firmly but still the chime sounds for about 2 or 3 minutes and then stops. It then chimes occasionally while driving and lasts for about 30 seconds and then stops.
I had not used the car for about 6 weeks during this lockdown and when I did venture out to the supermarket last week the car got me there but failed to start when leaving for home. It was a flat battery and I called the AA who got me going and advised at least a 30 mile run to charge the battery. It is since this incident that I have been getting this warning chime. I have completed a couple 30 mile runs to charge the battery.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry I was off the mark! In the light of your flat battery escapade, clearly somehwhere in that electronic spaghetti something has been upset. The electronics of a modern vehicle are a complete mystery to most. If your car is less than 3 yrs old, go back to your dealer. Many are now open for servicing and warranty work.

Good luck, you could try the AA explaining it has only occured since they got you going! Very tongue in cheek but it might work. Remember if the car is less than 3 yrs old it would apparently be covered by Fordseakdown. Look in your service book, I think it is listed there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for your reply, I contacted my local dealer yesterday via email, they responded with a promise to contact me as soon as they reopen. Meanwhile, as I am only using the car once a week I will live with the chime till then. I am starting the car every day and raising the revs. to 3000 for about 5 minutes hoping to keep the battery topped up.
Thanks again for your thoughts.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry brain working on go slow. Just an Idea and I have nothing to base this on but as our car is awaiting a service I get the chime everytime I start the engine and a service due warning. I merely press the OK button on the steering wheel.It shuts it up. Just a thought, start the engine let all the dials etc do their bit and then press the OK button, a shot in the dark BUT it might shut it up until you can get it sorted.
If it doesn't work you can blame it on the old fool!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EUREKA ! That's it , I started the engine the chime started I pressed the OK button and the chime stopped. Your no such fool as you think. Thanks ever so much for your your responses. I will let you know what the dealer finds when I eventually get it booked in, they are looking at June 8th opening.
All the very best to you and thanks again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am sorry I didn't think of it sooner. Thank you for letting me know, it has made my day, especially after trying to do an order on line for click and collect. I have nagged Waitrose for six weeks and suddenly we have a slot.

Our car is getting a service this coming Thursday, The dealer is 30 miles away and I have to use one of the main roads into the West Country hope if I am stopped the police accept it as a necessary journey. At least now you can drive in peace!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts