Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autocar have put the 2015 Ecosport through another review and this time it comes out much better.

Sharper handling, more refined and better-looking. Still a bit rough around the edges, mind, but now good enough to be a class contender.
Most obviously, the Ecosport's ugly, archane-looking tailgate-mounted spare wheel has been junked, making the car instantly more appealing. The addition of privacy glass is the only other exterior styling update – but if the car seems a bit less precarious on its wheels, it may be because Ford's chassis update started with a 10mm drop in ride height.
That suspension overhaul also included better tyres, firmer springs and spring aids, new dampers and a new torsion beam for the rear axle. A more direct steering gear has been fitted, and both the power steering and ESP software has been retuned. Twenty individual steps were taken to improve suspension and engine refinement, and friction has been taken out of the transmission.
There's been a wide-ranging effort to improve cabin quality and equipment, among them a colour SYNC multimedia setup, new fascia plastics, a new headlining, new seats and better-looking trim and switchgear. The changes are being phased into production in groups over the coming months, but by September all of them should be present and correct in UK cars.
While they don't make for a miraculous transformation, they do make the Ecosport more competitive next to some fairly sophisticated European-built rivals. Most importantly, they make it ride and handle more like a Ford.
Read the full review here:http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/2015-ford-ecosport-10-ecoboost

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like they've listened to criticism, and addressed it as best they can. I don't think they'll fix this car to european tastes until the next generation model is launched.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It will be interesting to see how much they've listened... Heated front screen? Have they moved the DRLs onto the signature LEDs?

The revised stereo looks like the hi-line one from the Kuga Titanium.

Phasing changes in over a period of months is going to play heck with sales (dealers are already confused by the Zetec / Titanium / Titanium X) and residual values.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Brenda said:
Sounds like they've listened to criticism, and addressed it as best they can. I don't think they'll fix this car to european tastes until the next generation model is launched.
Yeah, it's too late now, but i think the next generation will bring some big changes towards quality control and other minor things that Ford is lacking in. Next model launch will be something a lot more special - once they are listening to criticism.
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maleko said:
10mm drop? Maybe they mean 100mm?
10mm = 1cm I think that seems reasonable to stiffen it up slightly. 100mm would be too much, I think it is only 200mm more than a Fiesta to start off with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts