Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi My usb holder is faulty. Does anyone know if it is easy to remove the centre console so try and see what the problem is it or is it a trip to the garage?

I don't use it much so could probably do with out if it is going to cost me.

Regards

Keith

·
Registered
807 Posts
]Hi Keith, welcome to the forum. You did not say if you have the newer 2017/2018 model, as the dash is different to the earlier models like mine which is a 2016.

As for the USB holder, if under warranty i would get booked in, as its their cost.

If secondhand, I would assume previous owner has knackered up plugging into the USB, and the socket is requiring a replacement, which you could replace DIY style.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Colin. Mine is registered 2017. I did buy it second hand so cost would be down to me as I did not spot it in time as I don't use the usb very much. I did have a quick look at the console yesterday but couldn't work out how it was fitted. I couldn't see any screws and did not have the time to start prying away at it.

Regards

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I had a time for another look today. Found the bolts at the rear of the console and the screws at the front. Undid them hoping it would all come off but didn't so bottled it and stopped there as I was worried I might break the cigarette charger which I use to charge my phone.

I think I would have to take out the part around the gear stick and as it integral to the look of the centre console decided enough is enough and I will do without the usb for now.

Regards
Keith

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ok, if you do figure out how to get into the back of the USB socket, then you can either replace whole cable from USB socket to head unit, which is quite a bit of work.

Or you can cut usb cable (with power off) and cutback wires and connect the four wires to a new USB socket. Best to solder connections and tape up with insulating plastic tape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts