Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm from South Africa but can't find anything local to help me. Hoping someone here has had the same problem.

I have a 2014 1.5 TDCI Titanium Ecosport which I bought in June 2020 with 45000km on the clock. I had a warning of "brake system malfunction" on my infotainment system. On forums they suggested a new battery and I knew the battery was near it's end. After replacing it, the warning never showed again.

Took the car for a 360° holiday inspection at our local Ford on the 4th of December with no problems indicated other than needing 2 new tyres. Now when I start the car in the mornings, I get an engine oil warning on my infotainment system but it never stays on long enough for me to read the **** warning properly. Have checked the oil level, everything is where it should be as it went for a service in June. No other warnings on my cluster.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi Chantell and welcome to the forum :D

A lot of modern cars suffer from false warnings once the battery is on its last legs, and a new battery sorts it out.
One of the biggest causes of early failure of a car battery nowadays is start stop tech. The newer Ecosport has this start stop now, but I always switch it off. Also because I worry about engine wear with all that start stopping in one journey.

As for engine oil warning, connect a OBII reader to your OBII diagnostic plug and see if there are any fault codes coming up, as they would be registered as a fault instantly.

If you do not have an OBII reader that 'reads codes and allows engine management light reset' then you can buy one on ebay or a shop (not sure if you have S Africa Ebay)

Here is the one i bought on UK Ebay a number of years ago, very useful, cost around £11, Maxiscan MS309... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autel-Ma...093654?hash=item366c881d16:g:2rYAAOSwQSBfhBHI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! I'm trying my best to get a booking for a diagnostic test ASAP as we're going on a road trip. Everything closes for a week or 2 in SA around this time of the year🙈

Will give an update once I have found out what the problem could be

1 - 3 of 3 Posts