Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I open the rear door of our Ecosport after rain, not only does it drip onto the carpet closest to the hinge but also drips on me!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that when closed the weatherstrip keeps the rain at bay but when the door is opened it runs off the front edge of the lip on the rear door, any suggestions apart from lump it.:(

Plus side, I have not had any experience of a turbo engine before and my biggest problem is holding the blighter back. Even with the lightest of touch on the throttle I become bait for a speeding ticket. Willing is not the answer. On dual carriageways I really have to keep an eye on the speedo because it will take no notice of hills it just gallops up them.
I have not been a Ford fan but this vehicle seems to press all the smile buttons.

Amazingly there seems to be an increasing number of Ecosports on the road now, well done Henry.:laugh:

·
Registered
889 Posts
That is a difficult one Freddy. depends on how much overhang the door is into the cabin when opened.

If overhang is not to much, then a way to channel the drip would be to fix something on the bottom of the door lip and allow the drips to follow along it onto the door sill. It would have to be flexible and and not impede on door closure, and would have to go over the door sill every time the door is opened. sounds rather difficult. A leather strap possibly?

I have not noticed this personally on my 2016 model, but it is only the wife and me, so no-one is in the back much. I hope it is just a few drips rather than a flood.

PS.....Unfortunately, I have not experienced the 1.0 turbo model, as I bought the normally aspirated 1.5 petrol version at the time, which is no longer sold as new.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is the car parked on the street and if so does the road have a strong camber into the curb, or is this happening with the is the car on level ground ?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Water dripping

Sorry old mans problem not explaining properly. The rear sideways opening door, at the top curves over. When closed the seals take care of it but on opening water runs along the top of the front edge of this lip and drips over the boot carpet and my head if I don't remember to move.
The builders of this 'palace' built the drive on a slope, so I have a 1in5 slope for the length of a car and then it levels out. Of course it is curved as well. Where I park the car it is fairly level but as the door has a slight curvature the rain runs along the edge and drips off. I must admit to a bit of tongue in cheek about asking but others must have noticed it.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I can visulise your situation better now. You are totally knackered >:)

Why not park the car the other way on the slope, and it will then drain into the car on the other side, and drip on someone else :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts