Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,

Ive noticed that the carpet in the drivers side footwell is wet. I first noticed after washing the car that when I hoovered the carpet it was damp. Over time this seems to have got worse and to the point that I took it to my dealer today. The dealer has said they cannot find any leaks and the water is from wet shoes getting into and out of the car. This cant be the case as I have rubber floor mats. I've asked that they do some further investigation but has anyone had any similar issues or advice. Car is a 2018 Ecosport STline. Thanks all in advance

Gav

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning all,

Ive noticed that the carpet in the drivers side footwell is wet. I first noticed after washing the car that when I hoovered the carpet it was damp. Over time this seems to have got worse and to the point that I took it to my dealer today. The dealer has said they cannot find any leaks and the water is from wet shoes getting into and out of the car. This cant be the case as I have rubber floor mats. I've asked that they do some further investigation but has anyone had any similar issues or advice. Car is a 2018 Ecosport STline. Thanks all in advance

Gav

hi gab yes we have had the same problems they took the roof rack rails off and had to re seal and re paint the roof it was fine for a few weeks but now the car is flooded again they have also adjusted the rear tail gate which didn’t do a thing

·
Registered
807 Posts
Welcome Kkr :D

What you will have to do is get someone inside the car with a torch and look for leaks, as someone else throws buckets of water or use a water hose over the bonnet, front windscreen and drivers door.

Suspect areas are the front bulkhead on drivers side, under the steering wheel/pedal area, front windscreen bond failure, or driver door leak from seals.

You may have to pull back some of the carpeting to spot the leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts