Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from down under, I have a Ford EcoSport 2015 and I am trying to run a cable through the dash to a display unit that will sit on the raised portion of the dash over the gauges. I have drilled a half inch hole in the centre of this moulding, approximately eight inches from the front edge and in the centre of the raised portion, but it seems that this has gone into some sort of enclosed section. A probe will only go into the hole vertically to a depth of two and a half inches then stops at the bottom. A torch placed over the hole does not emit any light when looking up under the dash from the foot pedals.

My dilemma is this, what is below? Am I able to drill through this second plate without damage to anything below. I hope you have received enough information to assist me in solving this problem. I was thrilled when I found this site and reading the posts have given me confidence in knowing I will be receiving sound advice.

Thank you in advance for your feedback, any information will certainly help. Regards Johno from Aus.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts