Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find YouTube or installation guides to the roof bars that fit the roof rails.

From what I've seen so far they clip into place and then tighten them and that's it? How do you ensure no one can steal them especially if I've got a bike rack on for example?

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you have a rack clamped to bars, then the bars can not be removed, as the bars have to swing up like a hinge to come off.
If no rack fitted then yes someone can just unscrew and remove.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh that makes sense, might have to leave em off until I need them etc!
If you have a rack clamped to bars, then the bars can not be removed, as the bars have to swing up like a hinge to come off.
If no rack fitted then yes someone can just unscrew and remove.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Exactly...… these "locking pins" just screw into the holes on the rails and can be taken off my anyone....I'm not that happy about leaving bars on full time as I did on my previous car... Just don't understand Ford's thinking on this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On the plus side.....The Roof Bars have a slot in them to fit the Thule "T" Bar bolt in for the Thule Racks and Box accessories...…

My Bars took 2 minutes to fit with the racks a further 10 minutes....

And when the racks are fitted it's impossible to remove due to the tilt mechanism required to move. Also the Thule Rack has a key lock....

So I'm a lot happier with the arrangement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts