Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of buying a pressure washer to wash my car with, I had been using the local hand car wash but lots of reports of cars getting paintwork damaged there has put me off.
Do any of you own a pressure washer? I'm wondering which to buy. Looking at the Kacher K2.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the K2.Use it purely to snow foam my car, excellent for the job. Cables and hoses long enough. Plenty of power for what I use it for and nice and light without feeling flimsy.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I always do my own cleaning, as heard disaster stories of scratching and worse in car washes.

The hardest bit on the car is the rear end, especially if you have the rear spare wheel housing, a pressure washer is perfect. Oh roof as well, requiring step ladders.

I should get one, but at the moment a wet rag down the back of the spare wheel housing, is my rather poor solution to get rid of road dirt.

Will get one for Xmas if i am a good boy, (put it on my wish list).

·
Registered
79 Posts
To be honest I usually go to the hand car wash. £5 a time and do a fairly decent job. I then give it a decent polish and protection a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use the Kew/Nilfisk great washer plenty of foam,does a good job. I had the rotary brush for car,patio cleaner drain cleaner etc. The Karcher is also a trusted make. I never trust any car wash,machine or hand! I would rather run around in a dirty car, than have it damaged.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Having been a Honda Jazz owner for a while, on the Jazz forum there was considerable discussion about pressure washers. The general consensus was not to use them as the radiator and air con ( evaporator or condenser I can never remember which) which was unprotected in the front was particularly vulnerable to damage by pressure washers. Perhaps Fords are made of sterner stuff. The other place considered not a good idea was under the wheel arches as it took off what little protection there was.
I am very much the new boy with Fords but I admit that all the publicity about quality is typical 'news' reporters rubbish. Quite honestly I feel the Ecosport we have is equal to if not better finished than the Honda's Mk2 Jazz we had. I only miss the cubby holes which are plentiful in a Jazz.
However still learning.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I agree not to use a pressure washer due to the above risk of damage, or a car wash as it causes swirls on the paintwork due to tar on the rotating brushes, So it s the old bucket and sponge for me and a step ladder to reach the roof LOL.

As for Ecosport reviews be it written or youtube videos, they tend to belittle the car (pardon the pun) for it being a smaller SUV.
This could put potential buyers off, and they will not get to know that its a brilliant SUV.

My main criteria is price when buying a car, and the Ecosport is a good value SUV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts