Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it had a 52 litre tank (assuming this​​​​​​​ Parkers link is correct) but I drove 15 miles after the "0 miles remaining" warning, yet the car would still only let me put 46.3 litres in at the fuel station.

Suggests to me this either means I'm wrong about it having a 52 litre tank or the "0 miles left" warning comes on when you have just over 6 litres (12%) of fuel left!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Handbook gives all capacities. The amount left appears to be worse case scenario. Previous car warned that I was about to run out and managed about 20 miles ( filling stations open rare at night) and yet like you it would not take as much as what it indicated it should.
Personally, now, its fill up when it gets down to half full.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Handbook gives all capacities. The amount left appears to be worse case scenario. Previous car warned that I was about to run out and managed about 20 miles ( filling stations open rare at night) and yet like you it would not take as much as what it indicated it should.
Personally, now, its fill up when it gets down to half full.
But then I'd be filling up every 200 miles :/ I reach that in 2-3 days. I can't do that.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Petrol nozzles switch off automatically when they detect the tank is filled up enough, although usually you could add to that if you wanted to, by pressing the nozzle again to add more fuel, but i would not in case of blowback throwing fuel all over you. The petrol tank size is as you say 52 ltrs, (11.4 UK gallons) but you will not get that with nozzle automatic cut off.

Some drivers get extra fuel in by going by the nozzle auto switch off, and pressing the nozzle again, but would not recommend it as it fills up to the top of the filler pipe and fuel could spill out.

As for the low fuel warning, I would start looking for a petrol station once that warning happens (panic sets in). I normally add fuel to the tank when on a quarter full, and do not wait for the low fuel warning.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you live in a large conurbation it is not so important to keep the fuel topped up as much. As ColinJYD states pumps have differing cut of points. Case in point, I try and use one fuel station as it is convenient being enroute for most of our trips BUT one pump alone will allow me to put fuel in at a reasonable speed without Mr Fords invention fitted to the Ecosport that somehow encourages the pump to keep cutting out.It also allows me to get more fuel in than other pumps. I will say that with the car we have, when the gauge shows half full I can usually manage to get some 27plus litres in. which is more than half a tank suggesting that the gauge has to be viewed with suspicion. .After all it is horse for courses and living in the country as with many things, has disadvantages.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It has around 53-60 liters. Maybe someone will need this information. I've also searched a lot for my fuel tank capacity. I needed that information because I wanted to order a new one, maybe a bigger one. I wasn't satisfied with my fuel consumption. So, I've found all the necessary detail about fuel tank size on http://cararac.com. This is the best platform for all car lovers. The biggest helper of any mechanic or amateur. Anyway, I found the right size tank and changed it. You can find out there the information about any car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts