Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask that "someone" spilt a full bottle of Pepsi under my seat at the weekend.

I've soaked most of it up and I gave it a good clean, however I can't help worrying in case there is some electrical connector under there - seats / airbags? etc. that might now be damaged.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I can only give you a generic answer not having my Ecosport yet, as its on order......

Just look under the seat and it should be an empty space, unless you have a model with a storage space under a seat.

Wiring looms run cable to a chairs electrics, via a number of plug in sockets, you may have heated seats, electrical seat movement controls, side airbag, pressure sensor to tell if someone is on seat, and you will have switch for seat belt on.

All these items will have a plug and socket but most will be above floor level and fixed under the base of the seat, either neatly or in some makes of cars not so neatly.

The one plug and socket I have found from experience that may be below carpet is the switch for the seat belt on function, but should be taped up to prevent ingress of liquids.

Conclusion: I would not worry about it too much, and you could investigate the wiring plug and sockets to be sure, but if all the seat electric functions are still working fine after a week, then there is no problem as it will now be dried out under there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts