Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being an oldie with hands that are less than cooperative, I wonder if there is a member or members who have a method of cleaning the 'back' of the wheel? I have a wheel brush made by Kent which gets into most places but there are 'blind' spots behind the 'spokes' . We have a 2018 Titanium with the Ford fitted Flash Grey Machined Finish wheels. Autoglym wheel cleaner doesn't shift the muck. Would brake cleaner do the job? The rear wheels do not suffer with crud being drum brakes.
I am a little hesitant in using brake cleaner frequently. On the previous car, after giving the wheels a really good clean I polished the alloys with car polish this enabled me to just wash the wheels without recourse to chemicals, however the Ford Wheels are more open with more dirt collecting places.
Thanks in anticipation.:)

·
Registered
807 Posts
For years I have used 'wonder wheels' spray on the alloy wheels. But wear rubber gloves and eye mask, as the stuff is rather corrosive, but cleans up the wheels lovely :D

I am one of those drivers that is only concerned with the front of the alloys to look good and don't bother with the back too much, as who looks there? >:)

I can see your point though, as it would be a case of lying down and stretching under the car to reach the back of the wheels, or take them off one by one, to clean the back fully. I do not like working under a car ..period.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply colinJYD, When I had the wheels off the previous car, it took an awful lot of work to get the crud of the 'back' of the wheel. I am no longer fit enough to take wheels off due to the pure weight of the wheel in trying to put it back on. It's just that the Ecosport is brand new and I should like the wheels to stay nice and clean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts