Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place to ask. I've just had my 17inch alloys refurbished in glossy black. I want to get some black covers for the wheel nuts. I know they are 19mm but I seem to think the locking wheel nut is larger than that. As I've been unable so far to find a specific set for my 2016 1.5 TDCi I wonder if anyone can please advise this silver surfer what size the locking wheel nut is compared to the other three nuts (hope that makes sense). I've seen ones for other makes and the locking nuts seem to vary (up to 25mm for an Audi?). If anyone has any additional info as to where I can obtain a set that would fit it would be greatly appreciated. Best wishes. Paul.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
975 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Paul :D

I fitted these 19mm black plastic wheel nut covers from Ebay (example in Ebay link below, makes sure the kit has the tweezers to remove the covers).

All I did with my lock nut was paint it with some hammerite black paint, that I had lying around from a previous job. But this kit below seems to have 4 larger locking nut covers and 16 normal 19mm size, worth a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Paul :D

I fitted these 19mm black plastic wheel nut covers from Ebay (example in Ebay link below, makes sure the kit has the tweezers to remove the covers).

All I did with my lock nut was paint it with some hammerite black paint, that I had lying around from a previous job. But this kit below seems to have 4 larger locking nut covers and 16 normal 19mm size, worth a try.

Many thanks Colin. I have the 19mm covers which is how I discovered the problem with the locking nut being a different size. I've discovered the locking nut is 21mm. I contacted the supplier of the 19mm set to see if they had a suitable pack but they said they had no packs for Fords. Whilst it means buying two seperate packs (19mm and 21mm) I'm thinking I might go that route. Your response is much appreciated though as its encouraging to know I can ask for help. Best wishes. Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts