Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My windscreen wipers front and back water is not flowing, the arms on both wipers are moving and water level topped up but unfortunately no water is coming through. Has anyone had this issue?

I was thinking about changing the fuse first before I take it back to the garage.

it's a 14 plate Ecosport 1.5 tdci (winter).

Please see attachments can anyone confirm if fuse 7 is the correct one to change?

Thanks

Jon.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure how to check the pump is not working?

fluid is fully topped up, only purchased the car 1 week ago so apologies for crap info!

hardly doubt it's frozen?

I've logged it with the garage but it like to see if it's a quick fix!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Either be the pump not working or frozen then thawed.

The latter is now a common problem on new cars, as instead of one continious plastic tube, there are now plastic connectors in the line, that can pop out when frozen an thawed, assuming you do not have low temperature mix fluid in your water bottle, and the watter does not get to the nozzles.

This happened to my wifes last car a Mitsu colt, and the tube at the back of the car came out and was flooding the cabin roof and draining out. We now ensure using low temp mix either -5C or -10C or -20-C mix.

·
Registered
289 Posts
As what others have said.

Years ago I blew the fuse as I went to use the water and the reservoir was frozen and it popped! Replaced fuse, thawed water and now I use fluid that doesn't freeze as easy, and even since then it's never frozen (except for the jet nozzles, but they thaw quickly with spray/heat).

·
Registered
179 Posts
You should be able to hear the motor if its trying to work. Our Focus had the filter in the reservoir tank blocked, needed to strip it out and clean the little filter, then it worked fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts