Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this Forum. We have recently bought a '66 plate Ecosport Titanium 1.5 TDCi - it was very cheap compared to the price of a new one. Ours was a dealer ex-demo car so we knew the history and only had just had over 1000 miles on the clock too. Much cheaper than buying new (even with my Ford discount!)
I'll post some pictures soon as have slightly modified it even though it's the car my wife uses so she doesn't want me tinkering so I'm left with the S-Max for that! :)
So far I have replaced the indicator bulbs for silver ones to prevent the 'fried egg' appearance and fitted some rubber/alloy plate pedals from a certain auction site (£13) which fitted well and look great without ruining the warranty of drilling and fitting aluminium ones. I'm left to swap the wing mirror bulbs for clear ones I've bought already but I can't find anywhere on how to remove the mirror cap/colour-coded case so I can change the bulbs. I've looked at Fiesta and Focus wing mirror pictures and these seem to easy to remove.
I've looked and can see 2 clips at the top but nothing that will unclip easily like the Focus/Kuga/Fiesta instructions. There's nothing in the Handbook Manual either strangely.
Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the Wing Mirror case for the Ecosport?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't think you actually remove the case itself, the lense part should pop out of the actual wing mirror housing. Now the question is are they held in with a screw behind the mirror - no idea lol!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try again at the weekend and shine a torch between the mirror and the case to see what holds it on. I've even looked at an Ecosport Wing Mirror Cover to try and see the clips and how they will slot in. You would think Ford would make it easier to change these bulbs! All the other mdoels seems easy including my S-max - that was a doddle as you just lever out the bulb lens cover. Saying that I phoned up Ford for advice and they recommended brining it in for their qualified engineers to replace them at a cost of £46.20! Errr...no thanks - I think I would rather break one trying! LOL.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have taken this apart before, no screws.

There are clips inside the wing mirror at the top, you can see them above the mirror inside the housing.
They bend down and then the cover pulls off.

Once that is off, the bulb housing will pull out - slides out, held in by a clip.

You can then just pull the bulb out.

It's a bit of a pain, but it does all come apart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great thanks Maleko! I'll give this a try at the weekend hopefully. I was just a bit wary not knowing what to try and unclip inside the housing to remove the cover.
;@)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All done now! Thanks for your help with this. I was being a tad over cautious with the wing mirror cover. It just needed a bit of pressure to wiggle it free to release some of the clips on the bottom of the cover. It was a bit fiddly swapping the bulbs over too as there's not much room but worth it as the fried egg look has gone now! Looks good on the silver colour Ecosport too.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Just checked and this information on mirrors is not in the handbook or the on-line PDF version, so thanks for for that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
All done now! Thanks for your help with this. I was being a tad over cautious with the wing mirror cover. It just needed a bit of pressure to wiggle it free to release some of the clips on the bottom of the cover. It was a bit fiddly swapping the bulbs over too as there's not much room but worth it as the fried egg look has gone now! Looks good on the silver colour Ecosport too.
Nice one! I was a bit dubious when I did it, but yeah just needs that extra bit of pressure and it pops off!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I fitted some Silvatec BU501 silver capsule bulbs form a certain online auction store! Only £5.95 incl. P&P - best £6 I spent along with the front and rear indicator bulbs too. These were from the same auction site and £8 for both front and rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts