Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to pick up a set of four second hand EcoSport 17" alloys cheap and fitted a set of correct size Winter Tyres of my VW, only done a few thousand miles but great performance last Winter on the VW,

Anyone running or ran Winter Tyres on there ES last winter?, if so what did you think of them on the ES?.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It snowed further up the hills at the weekend and here this morning but not enough for long enough to test the tyres on maim roads. But just pulling away from junctions is giving less wheel spin on wet roads, roll on more snow.

Interesting as I was fitting the wheels I noticed just how bad a one year old low mileage exhaust was rusting just before the rear silencer!.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It snowed further up the hills at the weekend and here this morning but not enough for long enough to test the tyres on maim roads. But just pulling away from junctions is giving less wheel spin on wet roads, roll on more snow.

Interesting as I was fitting the wheels I noticed just how bad a one year old low mileage exhaust was rusting just before the rear silencer!.
Further find with standard rubber valves fitted on the winter wheels the pressure warning comes on ok fine expected it but unlike the VW that turns itself off until you re fit wheels with sensors the ES is stuck showing a tyre inflation problem, Ford garage inform me there is no way to disable this.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have never been one for an extra set of wheels for winter, as buying the car is dear enough and same goes for replacement tyres if they get fatally punctured.

As for the factory fit Ecosport tyre's, I am sure they are quite capable for both summer and winter conditions.

Mind you, I have reached that stage in my life, where if it is a blizzard, snow or heavy icy out there, I would rather phone in to work and say I cannot get in due to the weather, and just get back into my cozy bed, he he.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Second week in January still no snow to test the winter tyres but forecast said white stuff is on its way.

Just watching the news snow on beaches in the Greek islands bet they ain't got winter tyres on there ESports. LOL

·
Registered
289 Posts
Second week in January still no snow to test the winter tyres but forecast said white stuff is on its way.

Just watching the news snow on beaches in the Greek islands bet they ain't got winter tyres on there ESports. LOL
Snow forecast for end of the week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts