Ford Ecosport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any problems with corrosion on wiper arms and Ford not prepared to replace them? Car just turned 2 years old

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes noticed it on Sunday when I was cleaning the car, was going to wait and speak to the dealer when it goes in for its first service, but having also noticed that the chrome on the ford badge on the front has come off as well my see them a.bit earlier. As the service isn't until January February.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ford always painted wiper arms with poor paint. On my previous Fords, Focus, Capri, Cortina, they all eventually corroded either with paint flaking off or went whitish.

My solution was to clean off corrosion with emery block, and spray with a tin of hammerite black paint, never corroded again.

Good luck with the dealer, but have a feeling they will just say 'wear and tear', but worth a try.

Other solution is to buy complete new set of wiper arms at cost, but wil just start corroding again after two years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes agree on older cars I've repainted them using hammerite and works a treat, but when you've only had the car from new since February I don't think that wear and tear that's poor paint or most likely from experience rusty metal before painting.

I will let you know when I have had time to see them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haven't actually called in to my local dealer yet. But read an article regarding Ford's anti corrosion warranty regarding rusting wiper arms on a KA, they claim that the wiper arms aren't covered because they are not part of the bodywork as they are a bolt on addition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts