Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have tried to get a workshop/service manual for this car,I have contacted Ford, but their customer service is absolutely disgusting,not at all helpfull. I have even emailed Ford India where the car was made,but no reply.
This is my first Ford car,I have had many other makes and have had no trouble with service including manuals, I would feel a lot more confident if I had some info on the car.
Perhaps someone can help me obtain the manual.
Ray

·
Registered
857 Posts
All you can get on the internet is Owners manual....

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/b515_India.pdf

Be careful of dubious website that offer you a workshop manual for free or payable, as at best you will just get generic information, or at worse get hit with malware and viruses.

Unfortunately, in this modern era here in the UK and elsewhere, we no longer have HAYNES workshop manuals for 95% of our cars on the road, as they no longer find it cost effective to produce manuals unless the car has sold in the millions and they know many owners are of the DIY type, ie, like getting their hands dirty working on their cars to save on going to a dealership.

So this has resulted in almost no car workshop manuals being published anymore, and car makers will not sell you any workshop manual.

Hence we are nowadays lacking in mechanical and electrical information about our cars.

We can get some information using forum websites like this one, where owners share info, but car modifications are difficult now as we do not know the electrical wiring as we have no schematics or cable clour codes, etc.

In the last decade where I have added fog lights or DRL lights using new wiring insted of existing loom wirinng to avoid making any mistakes.

Hence life is now more difficult for the DIY'er who likes to work on their own cars :|

·
Registered
857 Posts
Been timed out of the above message, hence this new one....

Services....
This should be laid out in your service history book given to you when you bought the car new or secondhand, it gives the service dates (annually), and what service checks and replacement consumable used during each service, like oil and filter change, pollen filter change, etc.

The book should be stamped by the dealership after each service, to show that you have a history of servicing.

On other makes of cars, some have done away with the book and it is now electronic, so that dealerships have a history of servicing on their computers, and give you a printout if requested.

PS..welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
manual

When a machine, appliance or car is produced,there is always a service manual produced.It would also be produced in digital form and distributed to dealers.
However we live in a world where manufactures dont want their products repaired, and make it as difficult as possible to take apart(,ie special screws. glue or welded bits) furthermore any diagrams/ parts list is now subject to copyright,(this is what they say) in fact any excuse to not let the customer have access to this information. Nowadays, consumers seldom ask,since they would not understand or want this technical information.
As one supplier once told a customer,you bought it,its your problem.!
There is a manual,yet Ford tell me no manual is produced,customer service is non existant. I have had other makes and have always been able to obtain a decent service manual, Ford dont care.
There is an online manual ,which does show some info,but its not a full manual.
If I had known about the disgusting customer service, I would not have bought this car.
It was the neatest and smallest car to replace my Suzuki WagonR, it had many points in favour, the only bad points is the lack of storage space,no parcel shelf,no grab handles and awkward folding seats,which I have got used to now,its a great car!

·
Registered
857 Posts
You must have been lucky getting workshop manuals on newer cars, as i have not seen manuals for the last decade, and you are right that they do not want the owners to have any information, as they (all car makes, not just Ford) want you to hand the car into a dealership for repair, giving them lots of cash.

And when on car forums like my old sports car with electric folding roof, I and others cannot get details of what is involved with the roof/boot controller to get it all working, if something goes wrong.

We have to rely on each other to try and solve the roof/boot problems as they occur, from personal experience DIY fixes, and buying secondhand parts of Ebay.

It has now reached the daft stage that the cars are so old stock, earliest plate being a 2005, the car can now be worth less then the cost to put the car into a dealership to repair the roof. So a lot of the cars are just getting junked, rather than try to get them repaired. Pity!

The rest of us are just trying to solve roof faults as they occur using combined knowledge on the cars forum, and thank goodness for forums. I have had two roof faults due to worn sensors in the last two years, but at least they were fixed by me, and I can still get the roof down for Summer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi sorry can't help re manual but would like one my self.
I agree ford customer service is hopeless !!!! Could not tell me which Ford dealer first sold my car !!!!
Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts