Ford Ecosport Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When selling your car privately, you'll still have to fill in the V5C/2 section (new keeper supplement) and give that to the buyer.

But instead of filling in other sections of the V5, the DVLA advises you to destroy it and notify them online.
As the seller, you'll get an instant email confirmation and a letter confirming you're no longer the registered keeper. You'll also get an automatic refund on any tax left on the vehicle – as tax is no longer transferable.
The buyer will also get an email confirmation (if you provide their email address) and a new paper V5 within five working days.
If you sell your car to a dealer or within the motor trade, you can also use the service to notify the DVLA.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.